Surya the Sun God is a book that deals with the various aspects of the Sun not confined to astrology and astronomy only. It is an elaborate and multi-dimensional treatment of the Sun. The different aspects of the Sun covered in this book include the following:
• The identity of the Sun with the Universal Soul, and a link between the macrocosm and the microcosm.
• A connection between the Sun outside and the Fire element that operates within the individual body.
• Origin of the Sun according to the Puranas.
• The role of the Sun in the cycle of time, and the concept of the zodiac.
• Pauranic stories which highlight the various characteristics of the Sun as of special relevance to predictive astrology.
• The segmentation of the Eternal Time and the cycles of Creation and Dissolution.
• A complete section on the Sun as appropriate to astrology.
• The place of the Sun in the yogic discipline; the importance of the Manipura Chakra and the Surya Namaskaara.
• Propitiation of the Sun as a panacea against ill health and adverse dasha periods of the Sun.